Throughout its history, the Junior League of Omaha has been improving our community by donating countless volunteer hours and awarding scholarships and community assistance grants. The League is currently seeking opportunities, aligned with our mission and focus areas, to improve our community by awarding community assistance grants to local nonprofit organizations for programs or projects based on the following parameters:
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations operating in Douglas County, Nebraska.
- Programs or projects must support and pertain to the needs, benefits, enrichment and enlightenment of women and/or children.
The Junior League of Omaha prefers to fund programs or projects that utilize the organization’s volunteers. Community assistance grant awards are typically less than $2,000.
The Junior League of Omaha will not provide funds for:
- Staff time
- Tickets or tables for benefits
- Fundraising activities
- Building funds or endowments
- Requests to fund individuals
- Trips or tours
- Research groups, including medical research
- Political or religious matters.
The Junior League of Omaha is requesting potential applicants complete an eligibility form to begin the 2019-2020 community assistance grant application process. If your eligibility is confirmed, the Junior League of Omaha will ask you to submit a completed community assistance grant application. Eligibility forms must be received by December 21, 2019. To submit an eligibility form, please complete the following google form here.
- December 21, 2019 , Eligibility forms must be received by this date
- January 2, 2020, Applicants selected for grant application process will be notified by this date
- February 7, 2020, For those invited to submit full applications, grant applications must be received or postmarked by this date
- February 2020, Community Research & Development Committee reviews submitted applications
- March 2020, Community Impact Council and Management Team reviews submitted applications
- Early April 2020, Junior League of Omaha Board of Directors approves grant awards
- April 2020, Applicants will be notified of grant awards
- May 16, 2020, Grants will be presented at the Junior League of Omaha’s Annual Meeting
Questions? Please contact Emily Barr, Chair Community Research & Development Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.