Throughout its 100-year history, the Junior League of Omaha has been improving our community by donating countless volunteer hours and awarding scholarships and community assistance grants. The Junior League of Omaha is currently seeking opportunities, aligned with our mission and focus areas, to improve our community by awarding community assistance grants to local nonprofit organizations for programs or projects based on the following parameters:
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations operating in Douglas County, Nebraska.
- Programs or projects must support and pertain to the needs, benefits, enrichment and enlightenment of women and/or children.
- The Junior League of Omaha prefers to fund programs or projects that utilize the organization’s volunteers.
- Community assistance grant awards are typically less than $2,000.
- The Junior League of Omaha will not provide funds for:
- Staff time
- Tickets or tables for benefits
- Fundraising activities
- Building funds or endowments
- Requests to fund individuals
- Trips or tours
- Research groups, including medical research
- Political or religious matters
The Junior League of Omaha is requesting Eligibility Forms to begin the 2018-2019 community assistance grant application process. If your Eligibility Form is approved, the Junior League of Omaha will ask you to submit a completed community assistance grant application. Eligibility Forms must be received by December 15, 2018. To submit an Eligibility Form, please complete the Eligibility Form Google Form.
December 15, 2018
Eligibility Forms must be received by this date
December 20, 2018
Applicants selected for grant application process will be notified by this date
January 31, 2019
For those invited to submit full applications, grant applications must be received or postmarked by this date
Community Research & Development Committee reviews submitted applications
Community Impact Council and Management Team reviews submitted applications
Early April 2019
Junior League of Omaha Board of Directors approves grant awards
Applicants will be notified of grant awards
May 13, 2019
Grants will be presented at the Junior League of Omaha’s Annual Meeting
Please contact Laura Robbins, Chair Community Research & Development Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.