COVID-19 Response: 2020 Operations Guidance
PURPOSE: To provide guidance for Junior League of Omaha leadership to facilitate meetings and League work in a safe, intentional, and productive manner while promoting member engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
EFFECTIVE DATES: This guidance will be effective from September 14, 2020 until December 31, 2020. It will replace the prior guidance issued in August 2020.
DIRECTION: All in-person large fundraising, business, and social activities should be cancelled or postponed. In- person business meetings and smaller fundraising, community impact, social, and membership development activities may be able to occur if the below considerations are met. All guidance within this document is contingent on Directed Health Measures and/or other state or federal regulations and is subject to change.
- Committees, Councils, Management Team, and Board should meet monthly per League policies and procedures. As is normal operating procedure, please make sure all meeting information is updated in Digital Cheetah.
- Leaders should consider group size, agenda content/gathering purpose, and member preference when determining whether in-person meetings or activities should be offered.
- As county, state, and/or federal regulations evolve, JLO leadership will evaluate and issue updated guidance.
- If an in-person business meeting is appropriate, a virtual option must be offered. If an in-person non- business activity is appropriate, a virtual option should be strongly considered.
- Leaders can choose to use JLO’s Zoom account, Google Meet video conferencing, or their own virtual meeting platform.
- For virtual meetings, the video feature should be enabled to optimize engagement and effective communication
- Any in-person meetings or activities must be held in accordance with the below guidelines:
- All members will be required to self-screen before attending any meeting or activity. If you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (CDC list of symptoms can be found here), you are asked to stay at home and contact your medical provider.
- Face masks/coverings will be required for all individuals who are within six feet of others. Masks are encouraged at all other times.
- Members are expected to adhere to social distancing recommendations, maintaining a distance of six feet or greater from others.
- In-person attendance at JLO Headquarters should be capped per the guidance in the next section.
- Sharing food and beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Continue social distancing and self-hygiene recommendations, regardless of whether you are meeting with JLO members, running errands, or staying at home with your family.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue, then throw the tissue away and wash your hands.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Junior League of Omaha Headquarters will be open with restrictions as of June 1, 2020.
Headquarters will only be available for use for JLO business by members. Both meeting rooms have been set up with tables and chairs to allow for recommended social distancing. Furniture should not be moved.
- The Main Training Room can safely accommodate 18 individuals.
- The Founders Conference Room can safely accommodate six individuals.
- Members should use bleach wipes before and after use of Headquarters on all surfaces touched (tables, chairs, counters, door handles, etc.).
- Don’t forget to take the trash to the dumpster!
Download the guidelines here.