COVID-19 Response: August 2021 Operations Guidance
PURPOSE: To provide guidance for Junior League of Omaha membership to facilitate meetings and League work in a safe, intentional, and productive manner while promoting member engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
EFFECTIVE DATES: This guidance will be effective August 3, 2021. It will replace the prior guidance issued in June 2021.
DIRECTION: In- person business meetings and fundraising, community impact, social, and membership development activities may be able to occur if the below considerations are met. All guidance within this document is contingent on Directed Health Measures and/or other state or federal regulations and is subject to change.
- Committees, Councils, Management Team, and Board should meet monthly per League policies and procedures. As is normal operating procedure, please make sure all meeting information is updated in Digital Cheetah.
- Leaders should consider group size, agenda content/gathering purpose, and member preference when determining whether in-person meetings or activities should be offered.
- As county, state, and/or federal regulations evolve, JLO leadership will evaluate and issue updated guidance.
- If an in-person business meeting is appropriate, a virtual option must be offered. If an in-person non- business activity is appropriate, a virtual option can be considered.
- Leaders can choose to use JLO’s Zoom account, Google Meet video conferencing, or their own virtual meeting platform.
- Any in-person meetings or activities must be held in accordance with the below guidelines:
- All members will be required to self-screen before attending any meeting or activity. If you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (CDC list of symptoms can be found here), you are asked to stay at home and contact your medical provider.
- Face masks/coverings are strongly encouraged for all individuals who are within six feet of others and should be worn by all individuals who have not yet received a COVID-19 vaccine.
- If an event is hosted by a business or community partner that requires masks to be worn, members should adhere to the hosting organization’s policy.
- Continue masking recommendations and self-hygiene guidelines, regardless of whether you are meeting with JLO members, running errands, or staying at home with your family.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue, then throw the tissue away and wash your hands.
- If you feel sick, stay home.